Friday, June 25, 2010

Can't Stop Smelling Myself...

...and that's a good thing.

You know that thing that happens when you put on something that smells so good, you find yourself turning your head a lot or gesturing a little larger, just so you can catch a whiff? I just made a spur-o-the-moment astringent/toner about five minutes ago, and I can't stop sniffing. "Man," I keep telling myself, "I smell great."
If somebody were spying through the window, they'd probably have a hard time figuring out whether I'm grooving and boppin' to a little song inside my head, or cheerfully in the midst of a neurological breakdown.

In an unattractive twist of fate, I break out more in my 20's than I ever did back in high school (oh the irony...). Add to that the facts that I'm usually covered in dirt, it's hot out, and I can't be bothered with fancy lotions or whatnot, and it's a wonder my skin still looks like skin at all! Not a very good public image for someone who sells body care products, but there you go. Enter the spray toner: portable, quick, with a spicy, fresh, almost Christmas-y smell. In the words of the inestimable (and aggrevatingly well-complexioned) Mr. Yates: Done.

Sniff Yer Face Spray Toner
  • 2 oz. organic vodka
  • 1/2 oz. organic apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 oz. water
  • 5 drops each of the following organic essential oils:
  • Bay (astringent; antiseptic; soothes and heals irritated & bruised skin; acts as tonic for hair & scalp)
  • Lavender (promotes cell growth; regulates sebum while promoting skin elasticity; soothes and heals acne, sunburns, scars, boils, etc.; bacteriacidal)
  • Rosemary (astringent; antiseptic; skin & hair tonic)
  • Lemon (astringent; brightens pale/dull complexions by removing dead skin cells, smoothing broken capillaries & cleansing greasy skin; astringent; antiseptic; circulatory tonic; soothes and softens scars)
  • 1 1/2 T. dried organic lavender blossoms
  • 1/2 the skin of a clementine, torn into three strips.
  • Directions: Mix all ingredients in 3 oz. spray bottle and spray over face, neck, scalp, etc.
... I just took a break from typing to flip my braids around and smell my wrists. And it's still true:
I smell fantastic.

Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Jessica Bellantone. Please email me when reproducing content. Thank you!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected