Sunday, November 8, 2009

Gumbo: the Creole Gateway Food (Baton Rouge, LA)

Quick, ask me what I had for dinner last night?
Gumbo!
How 'bout breakfast this morning?
Gumbo!
Dinner?
Gumbo!
Would my wonderful host Sarah feed me anything else if I let her?
Of course, but it's not gonna happen. At least not while we have any left in the pot.
Why?
Because gumbo is a Creole Gateway Food. And now I'm hooked.

I'm sorry, Mama. I didn't mean for it to get like this. Sure, you hear about people getting hooked their first time, but it's not like that's ever gonna be you, you know? Thought I was tougher than that, man. Guess I was wrong. [insert sound of slurping]

It's only a matter of time before you find me snorting lines of file off a Louis XV mirror somewhere in the French Quarter next to sultry-eyed men with names like Beau and Jean Philipe...

Goddess, my life is delicious.

Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Jessica Bellantone. Please email me when reproducing content. Thank you!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected