Friday, April 16, 2010

Abominably Awesome

image copyright 2010 Karl Kerschl

Unrelated to either herbs or my own travels, I'd like to spread the word about another, equally goofy adventurer who's journeys I've been vicariously (and religiously) following for the past 2 years. Karl Kerschl's Eisner-nominated The Abominable Charles Christopher is, without a doubt, one of the most stunning web-comics out there. It's made me laugh, it's made me cry, it's made me hunt around for internet access when it was massively inconvenient to do so, all so I could follow the adventures of some of the best-written and gorgeously illustrated characters I've ever come across - and years after certain events have faded in his readers' memories, Kerschl brings them back in vivid detail with the tiniest of touches so it seems like they just happened yesterday.
Kerschl just announced that the first (really awesome looking) CC book is at the printers, and since he's self publishing, I figure that's an accomplishment worth sharing - go Karl!

Although I absolutely recommend reading it from the beginning, here are a few choice comics to get the ball rolling - enjoy!


Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Jessica Bellantone. Please email me when reproducing content. Thank you!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected