Friday, September 11, 2009

Manchester, NH

It's fairly late here, so I'm going to hop off to bed, but before I do, a great big shout out to the acolytes of Our Lady of the Sacred Right to Choose, aka Planned Parenthood of Manchester, NH! Not only did they give me a whole bag of goodies to hand out/strategically place at various college campuses along my travels, they were super fun, friendly, and knowledgeable. If you're ever in the area and in need of a health care professional, I recommend them (and all Planned Parenthood health centers) highly. Ditto if you find yourself looking for a fun place to volunteer! (Also, did you know that lots of PP's do same day appointments? They do! You can call them up and get seen by a doctor the very same day. Awesome. Ladies, I don't know how you do it, but you've got a gift, and I tip my uterus to you. Literally. But I digress...).

Seriously, though, if you're in need of health care, education, outreach, a job, cool conferences on teaching sex ed and working with adolescents, a free ticket to the next Ani concert or outdoor festival (tabling for PP = loads of fun), or just an awesome network of inspired, dedicated people, Planned Parenthood is the place to go!

On an unrelated note, guess who bought a digital camera today? Yay! Now I can post pics of all the plants I can't identify, and Charlie can ID them for me :)

I did the math, and with my car loaded the way it is, with only one passenger, 1 mile = 10 cents. This equation has the strong ability to put any and all purchases into perspective. (Pack of peanuts? Six miles. Pound of coffee? Almost a hundred and twenty. Etc., etc...). Between that and the challenge I've set for myself of trying to live off of less than $4 a day for the next however many moons, this was a biggish expenditure, but very worth it. I can't wait to take pictures of beautiful views and plants and people... hooray!

Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Jessica Bellantone. Please email me when reproducing content. Thank you!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected